ZEITERION VOLUNTEER USHERS are the welcoming and helpful ambassadors who make every patron’s experience warm and inviting. Our Volunteer Usher team is fun and social group of more than 60 people who play a vital role in supporting The Z’s mission to sustain a thriving performing arts center for Greater New Bedford.
BECOME AN USHER IN 2021!
If you like people, enjoy the performing arts and would like an opportunity to socialize and serve the public, please consider joining our Volunteer Usher Corps!
TO FIND OUT MORE contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 508-997-5664 ext. 123 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download this application
and return to us in person, by mail, email or fax.
The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center
684 Purchase St.
New Bedford, MA 02740
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
Even though 2021 will be a bit different, The Zeiterion typically presents 100+ performances per year. These generally fall on the weekends, but we also have shows mid week and the School shows are weekday mornings and early afternoons.
What are the requirements?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and be in good physical condition.
- Must be available to usher for a specific number of shows per season, typically between 20-30.
- Must have good people skills and enjoy helping patrons have an outstanding theatre experience.
- Must be able to attend a New Usher Orientation/Professional Development and then train for a specific number of shows as an Usher Candidate.