The Z’s Teen Ambassador Program facilitates learning in the arts through exposure, collaboration, creativity and engagement in the arts. The program provides unique artistic opportunities as well as work readiness training for those interested in pursuing a career in the arts, or an arts related field.
- Attend 6-8 world-class performances by an array of artists in a variety of genres
- Participate in master classes and workshops
- Author original reviews of performances and have their work published to The Z’s website
- Gain exposure to behind-the-scenes operations at a nonprofit arts organization by working closely with the organization
- Accumulate community service hours
- Participate in arts events throughout the community
- Collaborate with peers also interested in the arts
- Be 13-18 years old
- Be able to attend regular pre-show meetings, 3 workshops, 6-8 Mainstage shows per year (for which tickets will be provided by The Zeiterion) and volunteer days.
- Be able to produce a review of each performance attended
- Obtain Parental Permission
- Complete and Submit an application by Oct 1, 2019
Ambassadors meet one hour prior to each of the performances to discuss concepts and themes, take part in ancillary activities and prepare themselves with the knowledge needed to provide a comprehensive arts experience.
Participants author a review for each of the performances they attend. The reviews are then published in the form on blogs, which live on The Z’s website. Students with a strong interest in writing about the arts are encouraged to apply.
Ambassadors will complete a total of at least 15 volunteer hours at The Zeiterion and throughout the community during their time with the program.
The Z offers a number of workshops that incorporate a variety of performing arts related skills and topics. Workshops take place after-school or on the weekend. Teen Ambassadors participate in these workshops at no cost.
Attendance is mandatory at all meetings, shows, workshops and events. Students are permitted two excused absences throughout the year with written documentation from a parent or guardian. Further absence may be cause for dismissal from the program.