Zeiterion Performing Arts Center is pleased to offer federal employees affected by the government shutdown two complimentary tickets to most of the remaining performances in the 2018-2019 season. This offer will be available for the duration of the shutdown, and the selected performance does not need to occur while the shutdown is in effect.
Tickets are available in person with valid identification at the Zeiterion Box Office; the complimentary tickets are not available online. Available while supplies last.
Scroll down for information about United Way at The Z, a food drive to benefit local families affected by the shutdown.
Eligible performances for complimentary tickets are:
UNITED WAY AT THE Z
The Zeiterion has partnered with the United Way of Greater New Bedford to host a food drive to help feed those affected by the government shutdown. Donations will benefit the United Way’s Mass 2-1-1 program that helps such families.
Please drop off non-perishable items at the Zeiterion theater lobby during business hours beginning Friday, January 18. The drive will continue for the duration of the shutdown.
Suggestions for healthy non-perishable foods:
- Canned fish, such as salmon, tuna and sardines
- Canned meats, such as chicken and turkey
- Whole grains, such as quinoa and spelt
- Rice (brown, wild)
- Steel-cut or rolled oats
- Whole grain dry cereals with at least 5 grams fiber/serving
- Whole grain pastas, such as whole wheat, brown rice flour or quinoa
- Fruits in natural juice with no sugar added
- Canned vegetables, low salt or no added salt
- Canned fruit packed in water versus syrup
- Canned or boxed low-sodium soups and stews
- Dried or canned legumes, such as peas, lentils, peanuts and beans
- Pureed foods, such as sweet potato, pumpkin and applesauce
- Low-fat dry or shelf-stable milk
- Nut butters, including peanut, almond, walnut