The Z is committed to providing accessible facilities and programs.
- Patrons can purchase accessible and companion seating online, in person or by phone.
- Complimentary ear plugs and audio listening devices, including telecoil (or loop) as a personal device around the neck, are available at the box office.
- With advanced notice, ASL interpretation and audio description are available.
- An accessible restroom is located on the main floor near the ladies room.
- Accessible parking is available in the city’s garage adjacent to the theater, with elevators to main level.
For our complete offering of accessibility services please contact our Director of Patron & Business Relations and ADA Coordinator, Dori Rubbicco Legge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-997-5664 ext. 123
To arrange assistance with arrival, please contact The Z box office at 508-994-2900.
TAKE A VISUAL TOUR! Prepare for your visit with our Social Story, a PDF slideshow that contains photographs and descriptions of what to expect during a trip to the Zeiterion. This may be especially useful for families with kids on the autism spectrum.
About Sensory-Friendly Performances:
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience in a comfortable, relaxed, judgment-free zone that is welcoming to all families with children who have developmental disabilities that create sensory sensitivities.
These performances are especially recommended for individuals with autism or other development disabilities, their families, teachers, advocates, caregivers and those who are familiar with and accepting of behaviors they (and others) may exhibit.
Slight adjustments are made to the production including:
- Reduced noise levels during the performance
- Consistent sound levels and lower volume
- No flashing lights or sudden lighting changes
Slight adjustments are also made inside the theatre including:
- House lights are dimmed but do not go out completely
- Families can bring their own snacks, drinks, behavior reinforcements, etc.
- Children are free to leave their seat under parental supervision
- Quiet areas and activity spaces are made available to those who need to leave
Past Sensory-Friendly Performance:
Spencers: Theatre of Illusion – Theatre of Illusion featured extraordinary magician Kevin Spencer and “graduates” of Spencer’s Magic Camp in a dazzling show of storytelling, stage magic and audience participation. Suitable for children ages 4 and older, the sensory-friendly performance was designed to create an experience welcoming to all families with children with autism or other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities.